Tuesday 15 April 2014

tomato and marinated fennel salad


 
This came about by pure luck.  I was raiding the fridge for some lunch inspiration today.  I had intended on making a tuna salad when I came across these beautiful heirloom tomatoes.  I didn't buy them so it was a lovely surprise.  They obviously found their way back after a weekend away with friends where we each took turns cooking a meal.  Somehow they were packed in my bags.  I love the fact they were.  They were so pretty I had to get out my camera.  I sliced them up and mixed them with a fennel bulb which I marinated in vinegar.  It was a combination perfect for summer.  I wanted to add another element of colour so grated some radishes with little pink tufts of flavour.  The radish and the fennel are a match made in heaven. 
 
 

 

 



 
Ingredients:
 
  • Assorted tomatoes
  • 1 fennel bulb
  • 3 spring onions
  • 4 grated radishes
  • feta cheese
  • white wine vinegar
  • olive oil
Method:
 
1) Slice the fennel and pour vinegar over so that it just covers the fennel, season with salt and pepper and leave for 30 mins.
 
2) Slice the tomatoes, spring onions, and sprinkle over the crumbled feta and radishes.  Add  the fennel.
 
3)  Season with olive oil and the remaining vinegar from the fennel.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment