When my sister sent me a picture of little strawberry Santa's I couldn't resist making them to share with you all. They are just so adorable and so simple.
The original recipe, not entirely sure where it came from seemed to be a festive mailer, using cream cheese however I think these work just as well with whipped thick cream and icing sugar.
The next time you're asked to take a plate of eats rounds to friends, why not take a plate of Santa's
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 tub of double cream, whipped till thick
- a handful of linseeds
- 3 Tbs icing sugar
1) Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks, cutting the bottom of the strawberries so they stand straight.
2) Slice the top half of the strawberry to create the hat.
3) Using a paring knife, remove the inner core of the strawberry
4) Fill the strawberry with cream and using a piping bag pipe the buttons down the front and the tip of the hat.
5) Place two linseeds for the eyes and sprinkle with icing sugar